Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Talking to myself has started to be a part of my life. I don't know since when I started to have this imaginary friend, guess I might be too bored at times and yet I am lazy to start interacting with real, full grown people.

By the way, I think there are so many things out there which are beyond our control, and there's simply no way to explain certain things or to put them into plain words. Those "what-if's" questions that I were asked today - I think I might just give it a try, if there's ever such a chance.

You probably will not know what the future might bring, so why will you want to care.

I think my Communications lecturer brought up two very good points today during tutorial. They are:

1. "Will" is a future tense. Yet many Singaporeans uses "would" to replace "will" to describe the future all the time/most of the time - which is incorrect. If one wants to use "would", the word "if" will have to appear somewhere in the sentence to make it grammatically correct.

To think about it, I guess I am now of these Singaporeans that she's referring to. In fact when I am typing this post, I have a strong urge to type "would" when it should be "will" ;)

2. What is your definitions of words like "good", "terrible", "convenient"? "Good" can be fantastic, impressive, outstanding? "Convenient" can be simple, easily attainable, accessible? When a certain word has too many meaning, it seems to lose its value - like the word has so many meaning that it almost meant nothing.

I think life's the same? When you have so many things, somehow you seem to have nothing because all that you have seem to be insignificant.

Abstract?

Indeed, this is how life is.


No comments: