Monday, March 01, 2010

My neck hurts.

Went to Marina Square this morning before I went to work as I was supposed to pick up something there but due to some large miscommunication, I didn't get anything. So it was real early at around 11 am and the shops are opened but there's no one there to shop. Fantastic right, so I thought I might as well walk around before heading back to work.

So I did retail therapy again. I bet Meiying must be shaking her head! I think I can't control my urge to buy things and wait till I arrive in Taiwan. I also don't quite know what I'm going to buy there, unlike her ;)

Giving in to impulse, bought a pair of slip ons from m|phosis at 70% off which cost me $7.40. Was thinking that this was enough for the day so I was on my way to walk back to the MRT station, where I walked past Novo. Then I couldn't stand it and bought another pair of sandals at 70% off again, at $8.95.

Now, let me tell you. It is not about shopping this thing alone that makes me happy. It is about getting things that you quite like at very low prices that makes me doubly happy.

I like shopping when the malls are quiet and there's only a handful of the other shoppers. Then you don't have to squeeze through the crowd and endure the noise of all the people around you. Plus the shops will be rather empty and you can take as long as you like to browse through things and then approach the sales staff where they'll be attending fully to you.

How great is that.

This has been one of my happiest days recently. Great mood today so I didn't scold the kids as much as I usually do. Sounds like extreme mood swings ah.

Brought back lots of worksheets to mark, got to go start work soon.

No comments: